Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Trainer Boredom

For my job, I have a fair amount of events that require my time in the evenings.  While not an issue generally, I have realized that this will affect my training regime.  So, in an effort to combat this, I decided that I would get today's cycling miles (8, according to the training plan) in by getting up and onto the trainer.

I have realized from previous stints on the trainer that I can't focus/hear t.v. when I'm on the trainer, but I can stare at pictures.  Finding a program (typically a food show) that fit this criteria at 6 a.m. was not appealing, so I just went with silence.  This was perhaps a poor choice.  Boredom was almost instant.  Trying to convince my legs that they wanted to move was not easy, and I was very grateful for the heart rate monitor; it was about the only thing that could keep me honest today.

Overall, I am glad I got up and got moving this morning.  It felt great to do an a.m. swim and p.m. run yesterday, so I'll see if it still feels as good tomorrow!   

No comments:

Post a Comment