Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Falling in Love with Training (Again)

These past couple weeks have brought me phenomenal training runs.  Like, they're all I can think about, I can't wait for the next one great runs.  When I was in tri training, the heat of the summer overwhelmed anything and everything I loved about running.  But now....oh, it's amazing.  I'm having to restrain myself from doing too much too soon.  I've made that mistake before, and burn myself out before I get far enough along.  As it is, I'm looking forward to my run tonight.  I am finally able to feel  the difference in fitness that I've been building for the past year.  It makes me believe that I will be able to do a marathon next year, and maybe even a half Ironman one day.

So instead of overtraining, I'm working on finding a gym membership, and I'm finding ways to do yoga at home, so I don't have the excuse that I haven't found a new studio and instructor that I like yet.  Oh yeah, and I'm baking.  A lot. 
Apple Muffins with Strudel

Apple Pie (not the prettiest I've made, but delish!)

Light Strawberry Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment