Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dear poor, neglected blog...

It's been far too long.  I'm in the final two weeks leading up to my tri; I can't believe it's already here.  This past weekend was a killer, but great in helping me determine my level of fitness.
Friday night was a 14.28 mile ride on Ponte Vedra Blvd.  The pace averaged about 16.5...it was hot and a little windy, but satisfying to have that kind of ride and pace!
Saturday morning we got up early and did an ocean swim.  Since the sprint tri's effectively terrified me in the water, I knew I needed to get in the ocean and be able to swim a long distance in order to feel that it was doable in a lake.  So off in the choppy, rough, happy-surfer water.  We spent an hour in the water, getting in about 1500 meters.  I was stoked!  I stayed in for an hour.  I feel an incredible amount better about the swim now!
Saturday evening I put in my five miles, which was tough.  It was close to a 100 degrees, and late in the day, but I pushed through.  My legs felt pretty spent though.
Sunday morning meant time for my long ride, but I'm sad to say I didn't have it in me.  I managed about 21 miles, but it was slow going, and I only did the bridge once.  I did what I think was the smart thing, and went home to rest.  Judging by the two naps I took over the course of the next several hours, I'm thinking it was necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment