Thursday, July 8, 2010

Training and Events

This week is chock full of training and work events.  Always fun to try and juggle those around. 

Tuesday morning I missed my alarm, and along with it my morning swim.  Tuesday evening though, I felt great, and went for my 4-mile run.  I felt awesome.  I felt like Rocky.  I ran, I smiled, I felt good, I was even coordinated enough to flip the bird at a passing motorist.  I went a little slow, but kept my heartrate up and a good rhythm for my pace, so I was quite happy. 

Due to another alarm snafu Wednesday morning, I wound up running instead of riding.  It was only three miles, but my legs definitely felt the fatigue from the previous evening's run.  Still, there is always something great about an early morning run when dawn is just breaking.  You feel a kind of solidarity both with the morning itself, and the other intrepid exercisers who are out there while most people are still asleep. 

This morning was a swim, my first time back in since working on technique over the weekend.  It was still tough, but for the first time I felt like I was making some progress.  The lanes were no longer set up Olympic style, so I was able to see the progress I've made doing the shorter laps, and was able to put into practice my new breathing lessons.  So far, so good.  I'm still moving slow, but I feel like there might be a light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment