Thursday, November 11, 2010

Weights and ellipticals and running, oh my!

I'm feeling pretty good about myself this week.  I've managed to pull my warm, cozy butt out of bed on two mornings to make it to the little gym in our condo complex for some early morning weight-training, and I also did 5 miles with E the other night (with 5 more slated for tonight) where he helped me pick up my pace.

So training is going really well.  I feel like I've found my stride again - literally and figuratively.  I also made the big announcement to family and friends that I will be running my first marathon in February.  They are all very proud.  I have encouraged them to start making creative signs now; they only have a few months to come up with really impressive and witty phrases to put on poster board, along with event-appropriate sequins, glitter and badly drawn pictures.  I've tried to imbue in them the competitive spirit, referencing such recent notable sign events as the widely-circulated "100 Best Signs at the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear".  I also read an article yesterday on celebrity finish times from the NYC marathon, and have determined that I need to beat Al Roker, Meredith Vierra and Jared from Subway.  So all of us, not just the ones training for the event, really need to step up our game.  I also recommended this Spectator Training Guide from Runner's World.


 I ordered a SPIBelt the other day; I'm waiting with bated breath for it to come in, though I don't think it's even shipped yet.  The website said something about 7 days processing time, plus another 7 days to ship.  Oy.  But I got a cute one - pink plaid.  And I don't care what anyone says, it's not a frickin' fanny pack.

In other news, I'm really loving Rev3 Triathlon.  I know, I keep talking about them; I'm just so impressed by them.  They are one of the few tri companies that really seem to "get" what a lifestyle triathlon is - and how that lifestyle is not just about you, it's about your family and friends and everyone in your life.  They only have a few races, but there is a super cool online petition going asking them to do more, Rev3 Supporters.

And happy Veteran's Day!

7 comments:

  1. I love my SPI belt! Although I'm thinking I need a cute new one like the plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Rev3 gets it, I hope they are learning from all the WTC mistakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice plaid belt! Very cool. I agree 100% on Rev3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute spibelt! You'll definitely beat the times of those celebrity runners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. forgot to tell you about which Jackie Warner workout I do...its her Power Circuit, it's really good. For the kettlebell I do Jillian Michaels shred with weights, it really tires me out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on making the leap into your first marathon! You will love every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete