Wednesday, November 24, 2010

New Heart Rate Monitor - Christmas Came Early!

So after lots of research and the resounding feedback from my fellow bloggers I decided to take the plunge and get the Forerunner 305.  It was on Black Friday special from Amazon, so my dad was kind enough to let me order Christmas early, in time for tomorrow's half!  It was waiting for me when I got home from work and packet pick up - all shiny and pretty in its box.

I'm so excited about everything it can do!  And it wasn't nearly as big or heavy as I was afraid of; it fits pretty comfortably.  It's getting its charge on right now, but I set up my user profile and am about to load the software onto my pc.  I'm so excited to try it out tomorrow and actually use it enough to figure out all the features.

On a side note, minor irritation during packet pickup.  Ok, more like I got really annoyed.  I preregistered for my race, indicated which location I was picking up at and what size I needed.  They ran out of smalls, only had mediums left, which I'm kind of swimming in.  I have to try and swap it out tomorrow morning, or order one with the late registrants.  It's a nice shirt, just not thrilled about the hassle.  Oh well, it's about the race not the shirt.  :) Less than 24 hours!

5 comments:

  1. that thing is huge! I don't know how you can run with that on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you can store Clifshots and a Tshirt in the hidden compartment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the haters, I can't wait for mine to show up so I can get this stupid cellphone off my arm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not that big. Believe me, once you start running and you read that real-time data, the size will disappear. Good luck tomorrow!! Hope you get a lot of rest this evening/tonight. Can't wait to hear the results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck at the race

    I suggest using Garmin Connect over the software, the software is kinda looks really really old

    Happy Thanksgiving, Gobble Wobble!!!

    ReplyDelete