Friday, December 7, 2012

Who else is happy it's Friday?

It's been a long week. I work for an ad agency, and when you're running up to a deadline on a big project for a big client, that means a lot of crazy hours, late nights, revisions, more revisions and a general sense of being brain dead.

Needless to say, all of this has equated to a fair amount of sleep where I can get it, time spent staring vacantly at a book or the television, and eating. But not a whole lot of running/biking/yoga-ing or anything else.

I went out Monday, and got in an easy 3 miles. I focused on my stride, and keeping a quick cadence. I've been doing a lot of research on the types of injuries I get, and how I can prevent them. A lot of it seems to come down to my stride. I noticed that my right hip tends to drop, and I know that I'm a stomper. So Monday (and really most runs moving forward) are all about form.

I got in 4 miles before work today on the 'mill in our neighborhood gym. It felt really easy...until I realized I was also going really slow. But I listened to NPR for a bit, then watched Headline News. Pretty chill, which was kind of a nice way to start the day.

So this is all a long way of saying I'm pretty pooped. I look forward to getting some miles in this weekend. And also getting some rest to reset my brain.

I hope everyone else is having a great week. TGIF!

1 comment: