Thursday, September 27, 2012

Vacation Running

This past weekend, we took a quick trip up to Grand Rapids, Michigan to check out ArtPrize, their annual downtown arts festival. We saw a lot of amazing art, but my favorite part (shocking, I know) was getting in a morning run along the Grand River, which cuts through downtown, and is just beautiful.





Art in the river!
It was also COLD, which was awesome. When we went out, it was about 45 degrees out, so I was in heaven. Since I haven't run in temps below 65 since the winter before last, I was completely forgetful about what to run in, so I would up with a pair of shorts and a long sleeve shirt. I wound up warming up enough (I get hot easily anyway).

In other news, I got talked into doing the Color Me Rad 5k this weekend with a couple friends who wanted to run their first 5k. Our team has since turned into 27 super-enthusiastic folks, which is awesome. We've named ourselves The Nerd Herd, and one of the graphic designers on our team even made us tshirt designs!

And lastly, if you're local to Jacksonville (or even if you're not and just support innovation and really cool things) check out One Spark on Kickstarter. It's the world's first crowdfunding festival, slated for April of 2013, and it's open to all kinds of creations: art, science, tech, music, food.

Here is one of their campaign pieces:



2 comments:

  1. Welcome to back to the Midwest!!

    I "kinda" want to do that race, it has already passed here in Ohio. I dont know why I want to do it. I guess non multisport events, I like to try weird or off beat items, like mud runs. Totally different atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete