I haven't done one of those posts yet, but Ryan over at I Tri Because I Can nominated me so darn, I just have to find seven things about myself to talk about. I know you're all enthralled, right?
NPR. I have a piece of junk stereo in my car that only plays CDs when it's in the right mood, and for those of you who haven't experienced it, Jacksonville has got to have some of the worst radio stations in the country. I mean, they're just all bad. So a couple years ago, I started listening to NPR now and then to mix things up a bit. Now, that's pretty much all I listen to. If I'm in the car, NPR's on (I occasionally switch it up with a few minutes of the classic rock or alternative stations, but not often). Morning Edition, Talk of the Nation, All Things Considered, Car Talk? You name it, I listen to it. I have recently started perusing the NPR gear shop online - I have the frightening feeling that some sort of "I <3 NPR" clothing is in my future.
2. There are two areas of my life I spend way too much money on: running/tri gear and books. I could spend my days reading and running and cycling and be perfectly content. Since getting a nook for Christmas, I'm back to my bookstore employee level (a job I got for using the word "voracious" on my application) of reading, so I've put myself on a buying hiatus. I have to read everything on that nook before I buy anything new! And follow that up with the huge stack I just got of real books from the library book sale. Phew!
4. I collect quotations. I recently moved everything into a google doc and it is a massive collection of quotes on every topic from everywhere. Any time I find one, I add it to my collection. This document goes on forever. I've kept this in some form or another since I was 15.
5. I could eat cereal all the time. In fact, I do often have it for both breakfast and dinner. I'm on a kick right now with Kashi Honey Toasted Oat - mmm, that along with Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk is like a little bowl of heaven.
6. I am a sucker for corgis. Especially (and perhaps most pathetically) for Youtube videos of corgi puppies. It's an addiction; I'm seeking help.
7. I love old movies. No modern movie star can ever replace Cary Grant's wit or Clark Gable's charm. I grew up on a lot of these movies, and to this day, one of my favorite things to do is watch Judy Garland belt out a tune about trolleys or get riled up along with Kate Hepburn as she spars with Spencer Tracy. I also find old horror movies far more bone-chilling than anything out today.
I think I'm one of the last one's to do this, so if you haven't done this...I nominate you!
Also, my grab-bag swimsuit came in the mail....and it wasn't hideous! It's actually kind of cute! I wore it to the pool on Thursday - but more on that swim later, it was an interesting one.