Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Brrrr....Cold Comes South

I have to say it's been a pretty dull few days in the world of training.

I had to work on Saturday, so I moved my long run to Sunday, which, since I was in a recovery week was only (only!) seven miles.  It was cold and windy, but turned out to be a nice run.  I met Elton and our friend Bryan out at the beach, where they had just finished a nice 25 mile bike ride and were commencing on a run.  I am loving the new Garmin for situations like this.  Map it before I go?  Nope, I know I can run up 1st Street until I hit 3.5 miles then turn around.  It's awesome, I'm really happy I went with that.  My pace was pretty decent, particularly given the gale-force winds.  Sort of felt like I was going to blow away.  Very over the gusty winds of the last few days.

I went for my recovery run last night which turned into more of a recovery walk.  My legs just felt awful.  Elton went with me, so he walked with me when I walked and made me feel a bit better about having a crappy run.  I'm hoping my legs will feel better for tonight's six miles.

It's also been coooold here, which has been kind of nice.  It makes running feel so different.  I also have turkey chili simmering in the crockpot for my post-run meal and Elton's post-brick meal.

What's your favorite cold weather comfort food?

3 comments:

  1. Besides pizza?

    Hmmm, I like my momma's cooking, but she lives 2000 miles away, soooo, lets see.... ohhhh i know .... Pot Pies!!! I love a good pot pie, even learned how to make it myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomato soup and grilled cheese. The problem is that winter in New Hampshire lasts like five or six months, so I can't allow myself to have it more than a few times. But I want it EVERYDAY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Potato soup. yum....makes me hungry just thinking about it

    ReplyDelete