Friday, April 29, 2011

I Hate Being Sick

Wednesday my throat felt a little sore - I chalked it up to post-nasal drip.  Thursday, it was more of  a scratchy feeling, and I felt sort of fatigued.  I downed some Nyquil last night and went to bed, hoping to stave off what I was sure was an oncoming cold.  I was right about the cold, wrong about being able to stave it off.  I woke up this morning feeling pretty crappy.

So I've embarked on a regimen of feel-better stuff.  Generic Dayquil: Check. Immune System-boosting Green Tea: Check. Spicy Feel-Better Lemon Ginger beverage: Check.  Unpictured: Wellness pills, Nyquil, Multi-vitamin.

In other more interesting, less whiny news, training has been going really well.  I'm still loosely following E's full distance training plan.  Loosely as in I'm doing the workouts at the same day and time, but I"m not necessarily doing the distance, speed, etc. required.  But it's great!  I've been sticking to it, I am starting to be able to see my abs again, which is super exciting.  Weight wise, I lost two pounds the first week, and have held steady the last two weeks (I'm actually willing to believe some of this might be muscle gain).  I had a fabulous swim on Tuesday, and every run the Newton's feel better and better.

What great active stuff does everyone have planned for this weekend?  Any races?

2 comments: